This section includes a selection of resources for caregivers and people with bipolar disorder. There are resources on bipolar disorder, depression, anxiety, drug and alcohol services, caregiver organizations and programs, crisis helplines, suicide prevention, support for those who are bereaved by suicide and treatment guidelines. We also encourage you to find out about local resources and helplines in your area.
Although the resources are listed under different countries, most of the organizations have international websites that you may find useful. Not all information on the Internet is reliable and we cannot guarantee the reliability or accuracy of information on these sites. We do recommend that you check out information you are unsure of with a health professional, particularly when it comes to treatment.
- Information and support with bipolar disorder
- Caregiver organizations and programs
- Crisis Help Lines
- Suicide prevention and support for those bereaved by suicide
- Drug and alcohol services
- Anxiety mangement
- Guidelines on treating bipolar disorder
- Database of information on medications for bipolar disorder
- Mental Health First Aid (MHFA)
- Books on bipolar disorder
- Books on anxiety